The Antonia Pantoja Preparatory Academy (08X376)
Serving grades from 6th - 12th
School hours: 8:15 A.M. to 2:35 P.M.
Antonia Pantoja Preparatory Academy (APPA) is a college preparatory school offering a continuum of instruction from middle school through high school, with a focus on preparing students to compete and succeed in a global workforce. Our program develops fully multilingual and bi-literate students through an integration of social learning experiences. Students participate in programs designed to enhance their understanding of the real world in order to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, so that they may become productive members of society. We focus on creating a family friendly culture, making the environment receptive to all. Our Restorative Justice program increases equity for all.
- Balanced literacy program, regents preparatory classes, SAT preparatory classes, AP courses , restorative justice, emotional intelligence
- iLearnNYC: Program for expanded online coursework and self-paced learning
- YMCA after-school program for our middle school students, YMCA Rowe Scholars program, Saturday academy for music, regents prep, AP Saturday program
- College tours, social action projects with an emphasis on community service; peace ambassadors
- College Access promotes students success and post-secondary education, from college awareness to college readiness.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) COURSES
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP United States History
Middle school dance, broadway junior
Football, Indoor Track, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Volleyball, Softball
PSAL SPORTS - GIRLS
Badminton, Basketball, Indoor Track, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball
PSAL SPORTS - BOYS
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Outdoor Track, Soccer
- Community School
- Partially Accessible (ramp & elevator)